|Scorpius Hyperion Malfoy|
|Born|| c. 2006 |
|Blood status|| Pure-blood |
|Species|| Human |
|Gender|| Male |
|Hair colour|| Blond |
|Eye colour|| Grey |
|Skin colour|| Pale |
Scorpius Hyperion Malfoy (born c. 2006) was a pure-blood wizard and the son of Draco and Astoria Malfoy. He attended Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry from 2017 onwards and was a classmate of Rose Weasley and Albus Potter.
Early lifeEditScorpius was born circa 2006 to Draco Malfoy and Astoria Greengrass. Scorpius was raised in Great Britain and was said to have inherited his father's and grandfather's looks; blonde hair, grey eyes and a pale, pointed face.
HogwartsEditIn 2017, Scorpius was accompanied by his parents to King's Cross Station in order to go off to his first year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Others in his year included Albus Potter and Rose Weasley; the latter was discouraged by her father from becoming "too friendly" with Scorpius and encouraged to beat him in every test.
Physical appearanceEditScorpius has inherited his father Draco's physical traits, meaning that he has blond hair, grey eyes, and a pale, pointed face. He is noted for looking almost the same as his father did at age eleven. He is said to resemble Draco as much as Albus Potter resembled Harry Potter.
- The word Scorpius is Latin for "scorpion". Like his father (and to an extension of the Black family), Scorpius was named after a constellation, carrying on the tradition of giving astronomical names, started by the family of his paternal grandmother. In Western astrology, it is the sign of Scorpio and is linked in Greek mythology to Hades, god of the underworld, as well as the scorpion that killed the hunter Orion.
- The name means 'High One' and in Greek mythology, Hyperion was the 'God of the Sun and Light' and one of the twelve Titans who were eventually overthrown by the Olympians. He was also known for helping to overthrow his father, Uranus. It is also the name of one of the moons of Saturn and of an unfinished poem by John Keats.
- Scorpius was portrayed by Bertie Gilbert in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2. His face was never shown, and he only appears briefly while being hugged by his mother. Bertie Gilbert stated on Twitter that he did film a scene where Scorpius turns around and faces Harry. This may appear as a deleted scene on the DVD.
- Scorpius is a fourth cousin, once removed, of his classmates Rose Weasley and Albus Potter, and their siblings, Hugo Weasley, James Sirius Potter, and Lily Luna Potter, as all of them are descendants of Phineas Nigellus Black.
- Scorpius is the second cousin of Teddy Lupin.
- Scorpius was the penultimate character introduced in the Harry Potter books.